5 Easy Steps For Putting A Sill Protector On Your Car
You just got your new car, and it's beautiful! You want to keep it looking that way for as long as possible, and one way to do that is by installing a sill protector. Here are five easy steps to follow to protect your car's sill.
Why do you need a sill protector?
Many people need to realize that the sill, or bottom edge of their car door, is one of the most vulnerable parts of their vehicle. The sill is exposed to the elements and potential damage every time you open and close your door. A good sill protector will help shield your sill from dirt, mud, and other debris that can scratch or chip the paint. It will also provide a barrier against water and salt, which can cause rust and corrosion.
In addition to protecting your car's paint job, a sill protector can also help keep your interior clean. When you get in and out of your vehicle, dirt and grime from your shoes can be transferred to the sill. Over time, this can make your interior look messy and unkempt. A sill protector will help keep your car's interior looking clean and new for longer.
Finally, a sill protector can add a touch of style to your car's exterior. Many different designs and colours are available, so you can choose one that best fits your taste. Whether you want a subdued look or something that stands out, there's a sill protector.
What kind of sill protector should you get?
1. You should get a sill protector made of durable, weather-resistant material.
2. The sill protector should be easy to install and remove.
3. The sill protector should be able to protect your car's paint from chips and scratches.
How to measure for your sill protector
You will need to take some measurements to ensure that your sill protector is the correct size:
Measure the length of the door opening from the top of the entrance to the bottom of the opening.
Measure the width of the door opening from one side to the other.
Measure the height of the door opening from the top to the bottom of the frame.
Once you have these measurements, you can choose a sill protector that is the correct size for your car.
How to install a sill protector
Installing a sill protector is a relatively straightforward process that can be completed in a few minutes.
Here's a quick guide on how to install one:
- Start by cleaning the area where the sill protector will be applied. Use a mild soap and water solution to remove any dirt or debris.
- Measure the length of the sill protector and cut it to size.
- Apply a thin layer of adhesive to the back of the sill protector. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for the best results.
- Carefully align the sill protector with the edge of the door frame and press it into place.
- That's it! Once the adhesive has had time to set, your car will have extra protection against scuffs and scratches.
You've now successfully installed your sill protector!
We hope you found our tips on how to put a sill protector on your car helpful! If you have any other questions or would like more suggestions, feel free to reach out to us. We're always happy to help our customers get the most out of their car care products. Thanks for reading, and check back for more informative articles like this one!